Translucent Wood Table Lamp 'Boréal' Flared Base
The aim of Luminaire Boréal is to produce unique lamps and lampshades combining the organic appearance of wood and the warm light that emanates from it. The lampshade is made out of an aspen wood log, base is in spalted maple.
The piece is turned on the outside to the desired shape, then hollowed in the inside until the walls are thin enough so it becomes translucent. The lampshade will then be dried, finely sanded and oiled. Thin walls give it strength because it can expand or contract with changes in humidity.
The lamp offers very warm lighting and atmosphere, ideal for the living room, the bed room or the office.
This item is handmade, and each one is unique. Therefore, it is perfectly natural to see variations in the woodgrain and/or colors of the shade.
- Materials: wood, metal, brass, twisted wire
- Total height: 15'' / 38 cm
- Base width: 4,5'' / 20 cm
- Lampshade width: 10.25'' / 26 cm
- Everything is made and assembled in my studio in southwest Montreal. From roughing the log to finishing, each step has been thought and refined to offer a quality product that will cross the time.
- Brass socket E26 with on/off switch for standard bulb.
- DEL bulb included
- 8 1/2' brown twisted wire.
- Harp support is a handmade maple coti
- Care instructions: Dust with a soft and dry cloth. Do not use water or detergents.
- Production delay: 3 days
- Ship from Canada
The artisan behind ...
From tree to light...
My name is Jocelyn Belair and my craft is wood turning.
My passion for woodwork stems from music. I've been a musician for some years, and I fell in love with my instrument: the bass. I enjoyed so much taking care of it and listen observantly the wood resounding differently as the seasons went by... read more