Serie of paintings insired by the music and the dances of the Haitian Carnival.
- BUY 2 AND SAVE!!
- Fair Trade is so much more than a product assortment. It's about safe workplaces, fair wages and investments in the community
- Acrylic paint on homemade canvas.
- Local artisans paint on recycled cloth as canvas. Expect imperfections, which are part of the artwork, thus every piece is unique.
- Unstreched. Unframed. Shipped rolled up in a sturdy tube box
- Each painting is 20 x 24 in (50 x 60 cm)
- Shipped from Montreal
Learn more ...
"A population of artists lives in Haiti" said André Malraux, and Louis Murat and Gerlandes Jacob are great representative indeed." Painting has always been the privileged medium of expression for Haitian artists. Through the decades, Haitian painting has evolved and diversified, and draws energy from the creativity of street paintors, remaining open to diverse forms of expression, still based on lines and richness of colours.
The visual quality of Haitian paintings is characterized by deliberately faulty perspective effects, the use of vivacious and often flatlined colours, but yet careful attention paid to details both in fore and backgrounds ... read more