The florid valleys that embellish Kashmir inspire Fida Hussain in the design of set of coasters. The six coasters are crafted by hand with traditional papier maché techniques which have been preserved for some 700 years. Featuring a wood holder, each piece is expertly painted by hand in shades of red, pink, green, blue and gold.
- Fair Trade is so much more than a product assortment. It's about safe workplaces, fair wages and investments in the community
- Papier maché, plywood holder
- Holder: 1.8 H x 4.3 Diam in (5 x Diam 11 cm)
- Coaster (6): 0.1 H x 3.4 Diam in (0,3 x Diam 7 cm)
- Wipe with a damp cloth to clean
- Shipped from Montreal
Meet the artisan ...
"Before I joined my father, I got together with a few of my friends and started an NGO for blood donation. We would donate blood ourselves and encourage others to donate."
"I was born and raised in the beautiful valley of Srinagar, Kashmir, which for me is the coolest place on earth. Unfortunately, during the early 90s, our state was engulfed with violence... read more
I bought these coasters as a gift, but I liked the designs and colors so much that I finally kept them for myself lol, even if I found it was a little expensive.