A hibiscus wood canvas and vivid combination of colors on this forest-motif painted mask will bring a bit of Balinese splendor to your home or office. Artisan Gusti Ngurah Semarajaya of Bali hand-carves and hand-paints each piece using a combination of red, blue, white, green, and black.
The painted design features a pair of parrots and a robin sitting in the trees. The woman's mysterious smile gives an aura of peace and happiness. This gorgeous mask is displayed on a keruing wood stand for placement on a shelf or table.
- Fair Trade is so much more than a product assortment. It's about safe workplaces, fair wages + community investments
- Hibiscus wood, keruing wood stand
- Display stand included
- Signed by the artist
- Hand-crafted item - color, size and/or motif may vary slightly from pictures
- Hibiscus wood varies greatly in color and grain
- 12.75" H x 5.75" W x 3.1" D (32.5 x 14.5 x 8 cm)
- Shipped from Montreal
Meet the artisan ...
"Tuesday, October 26, 1976 was a happy day for GustMade Sangging and his wife GustMade Endri.
That is the day I was born in a remote village in Bali, the fourth of six children. My parents were farmers who could hardly invest in their children's studies ... read more
This mask is tall and the paintings are very delicate. Unfortunately, the little pin supporting the mask was broken when I received it. But they sent me another mask rapidly!